Happy Birthday to Us! We celebrate our 35th year designing and outfitting residential and commercial Game Rooms.
It all started with a PACMAN and Cash Pan full of quarters in 1981. OUR RESUME INCLUDES:
MALL ARCADES • MAN CAVES • SKATING RINKS • SENIOR CENTERS • BILLIARD HALLS • FEC’S (Family Entertainment Centers) • HOTEL GAME ROOMS • SPORTS BARS • BOWLING CENTERS • YMCA/PARKS & REC DEPT • OBX RENTAL HOMES • AMUSEMENT PARKS
BILLIARDS MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
- Check tips… Slip-ons are okay for band-aid fixes but the best, long lasting remedy is for us to do factory hard leather tips on our cue lathe. $8 each for clients and we’ll pick up and drop off free! Flat and missing tips cause pinholes in your felt. If you see small holes, guests were playing with no tips on cues.
- 50% of your cues should be shorter for kids. They do less damage and its a better game for them. For 5 BRM and smaller homes we suggest 2 x 48″ and 2 x 57″ cues. 6BRM home and up we suggest 6-8 total cues with half being 48″.
- Check your balls. Chips damage felt. Faded, inexpensive ball sets cause white burnish spots on good felt… and there are a ton of these in our market. Walmart sells more every day! Invest $56 in a good set of balls with lifetime guarantee.
- For dirty felt, the mills recommend a “wet bath”. Ring out a towel in warm water and press it onto your surface. It will actually lift chalk and other impurities through the porous fabric. Stains are difficult, once they set in. You can try a mild dish detergent but chemicals of any kind are bad. Steam cleaning pulls fibers out of the fabric and shortens the life further.
- Match color of your chalk to the color of your felt. If exact match not available, stay as close as possible to the colors on the old color wheel.
- Check your bridge stick. Without one, kids have to crawl on top of the table to make some shots.
- Many times your game room is the guest’s first impression… MAKE IT A GOOD ONE!
- We are seeing 40% of the tables in our market with rail rubber detaching from the rail itself. Check by pushing the inside edge of the rail downward. If you feel any movement, you have a detached rail and a ball will not properly rebound leading to very dissatisfied guests. Call for repair estimates. Cheaper to do when re-felting table, otherwise it is $29/rail plus service call. If done when we are already there, it is $19/rail with no service call. If you have this problem (C.L.Bailey or KASSON pool tables) you can expect all 6 rails to go.
FOOS BALL MAINTENANCE
Tighten up your legs if you can. Stock up on balls, when players run out, they use wads of paper which jams up ball return. Replace broken men.
Have extra pucks and goalies. Be sure ample air coming thru holes. Sand can plug up holes. Tighten up legs.
Annual strip and wax is great if you can. Change out powder very couple of years. Granules actually get sharp edges after a lot of play. Spray clean board with silicon. Have enough powder!
OUTDOOR PING PONG TABLES CHECKLIST
As one owner once told us “even rubber rusts in the OBX”. Hose salt off outdoor games when possible and cover up in off season. We believe Trex is still the best for withstanding the coastal environment but do hose off when you can, in particular the hardware. Don’t just set it outside and forget about it.
Speaking of outdoors… We now represent All Weather Billiards for the Outer Banks, North East NC and Hampton Roads. So many outdoor pool tables have failed in the last 25 years but these guys are doing it right. Corrosion resistant materials with an exterior finish heat baked to 400oF for a durable powder coated finish (9 options). The rail system is the strongest in the industry with precision diamond slates and stainless steel fasteners. Marine grade Sunbrella felt tops it off.
The new BACK SUPPORTER PERFECT REST mattress feature over 500 coils and foam encasing around every one. Our wholesale pricing cannot be beat! Orders placed monday am are built that week and we can deliver the following week.
Go to www.trexfurniture.com for minimum advertised pricing. We will assemble and deliver to your beach home… and take another 5% OFF through April 15t! We are predicting pricing increases soon in these so don’t wait any longer.
These solid wood spectator chairs are heavy duty work horses made for even the largest of billiards playing guest, available in antique walnut and matte black… normally $479.
Through March – $339.
Backless Bar Stools…only $99, Chestnut and Matte Black while supplies last!
Inspired by the Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness films, the newest Stern machine puts players in Captain James Kirk’s chair of the U.S.S. Enterprise, embarking on a journey to protect and defend the planets of the Federation. Stern’s Star Trek pinball machine features all the bells and whistles a Star Trek fan would desire: adrenalin-filled battles, high-definition artwork, cosmic LED lighting and classic musical scores. The newest game from Stern includes an animated battleship, three lightning fast ramps, three flippers, resettable memory drop targets and much more. There are six missions for casual players matched by 18 complex treks to immerse enthusiast players deeper in the game. Call for availability and pricing (not cheap!).
Brunswick has unveiled a new indoor putting green and is it ever grand! Probably not for a rental home but more for the personal home or business. The most realistic putting green in the world. Designed to fit any space, these feature break stations on each side of the green.
Go to www.BrunswickBilliards.com for pricing and size selection.